Thursday 17 October 2013

Sleek Haul/Review Part 2

In my previous post I wrote about my recent sleek haul and reviewed the face products that I bought, the post got very long so I am going to review the lipsticks that I bought in this post. Sorry it's taken so long to follow up but i've been really busy with college!


Recently I have been obsessed with buying lipsticks and I just couldn't stop myself when I saw the number of colours on the website. The first one that I bought is called 'cherry' and is a dark red/purple. I have been searching for the perfect autumn/winter vampy lip colour and was hoping that 'cherry' would be the one. 

However, it is almost the exact same shade as Revlon's 'black cherry' which I like but just find slightly too purply and dark, and I had hoped that 'cherry' would be slightly more red however it is essentially the same colour. Although they look very different in the bullet and even look slightly different when swatched, on the lips they are complete dupes for each other. I also find that this lipstick tends to bleed more that 'black cherry' so I was slightly disappointed with this purchase.

The second lipstick is called 'OMG' and is a bright orange toned red. I have been lusting after Topshop infrared for what feels like eternity however I thought I would start with a slightly less in your face orange that comes off more as a red. I have yet to wear this out as I feel that it is a more summery colour however when I have swatched it I really like it.

In general I really like the formulation and colours of these lipsticks as they are very pigmented and cremay, however I am still searching high and low for the perfect dark red.

Georgia xo

2 comments:

  1. Loving these lipsticks, and loving your review, keep blogging xx
    Danielle from Lipstickblushandpolish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply! Thank you so much I will be sure to check out your blog, got lots of exciting things coming up on here!xx

      Delete